Sharpening is our Specialty, Not a Sideline
Same Day Turnaround Guarantee!
Carolina Knife Co. provides prompt sharpening on a regular basis as well as emergency sharpening as needed. Our precision grinding process helps to produce high quality new blades and insures the best outcome when you need your old blades resharpened. At the end of the sharpening process we perform a detailed inspection to insure the blades have been handled properly.
Carolina Knife Co.'s Maintenance Process:
- Upon arrival in our plant, blades are inspected for wear or defects.
- Blades are then cleaned, sorted, and re-ground to an Ultra-Finished edge. Only a minimum amount of stock is removed to restore edge quality and prolong blade life.
- Inspection records are maintained to assist customers' determination of realistic and timely blade replacement cycles.
- Blades not meeting predetermined process standards will be returned to the customer or disposed of in accordance with customer approval.
- Processed blades are coated with cushioning compound and packed in sturdy, reusable shipping containers.
Score Cutting Roll and Sleeve Regrinding
Along with sharpening almost any type of industrial blade, Carolina Knife Co. also specialized in resurfacing or regrinding the hardened sleeves and shafts used in the shear and score cutting processes.
Additional Sharpening Information
Click Here for educational documents and handouts on this topic.
We insure your sharpened blades meet original manufacture (OEM) specifications for concentricity or "roundness".
We offer Certification and Inspection Documentation upon request.
Sharpening All Blade Types
Our industrial blade sharpening facility can handle almost any sharpening task. The following is merely a sampling of the sharpening, regrinding and resurfacing jobs and blade types we routinely work with: film slitter blades, textile blades, anvil roll regrinding, anvil sleeve resurfacing, tire and rubber cutters and blades, razor slitter knives, score slitting anvil regrinding, and much more.